What are cookies?
- Cookies are small text files which websites may store on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site. The cookie will help the site to recognise your device the next time you visit.
- Cookies serve many functions. For example, they can help SensitiveSleepers to remember your login and preferences, and help us analyse how well our site is performing. Certain cookies contain personal information: for example, if you click to “remember me” when logging in, a cookie will store your registration number on your device.
- SensitiveSleepers uses the following kinds of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are essential for the operation of our site. For example, some cookies allow us to identify that you are logged in and can access member-only pages. If you disable cookies, we won’t be able to log you in.
- Functionality cookies: We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, your preferences for which forum layout and colors you prefer may be stored in a cookie, so that we can identify which colours you like to see when you first visit the site, and before you log in.
- No passing of personal information: We at SensitiveSleepers don’t pass personal information about you to advertisers without your express permission.
Other cookies you may encounter on our site:
- SensitiveSleepers uses Google Analytics to analyse the site’s performance. Google Analytics sets cookies on your computer. Some pages on SensitiveSleepers carry buttons linked to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest. These sites may set cookies on your computer when you visit SensitiveSleepers pages carrying those buttons.
- Pages on SensitiveSleepers may set cookies from Skimlinks. This is an affiliate programme that allows us to earn a commission when you click links to products from SensitiveSleepers.
How do I turn cookies off?
- It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular site. If you turn off cookies for SensitiveSleepers, various parts of the site won’t work. For example, you won’t be able to post on Talk, as we can’t tell if you are logged in or not without using cookies. The links below show how to disable cookies in the most popular browsers.