We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any identifying information we ask you to provide will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your email address
- your chosen Talk name and password
- your blog url, Facebook and LinkedIn and Twitter handle, should you write for us.
What we do with the information we gather
- We will never pass on your information, unless you specifically consent to us doing so or we are specifically required to by law. We only use it to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular:
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our services.
- Send you newsletters.
- Email you responses to discussion-board posts you have reported.
- To contact you, but only with your prior permission, by email or personal message, for market-research purposes.
- To offer you, on our website pages, information based on your location.
- Demographic information, such as your postcode and your IP address and, should you choose to tell us, your date of birth.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Passive Information Collection
- As you navigate through this site, certain anonymous information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies*, clicktags, beacons and other navigational data collection (such as server logs). Your internet browser automatically transmits to this site some of this anonymous information, such as the url of the website you just came from and the IP address and the browser version your computer is currently using.
- This helps us analyse data about our site traffic, so we can improve SensitiveSleepers and tailor it more to our members’ needs. All information is anonymous and only used for operational purposes.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
- You may choose to change or restrict the use of your personal information by going to your My SensitiveSleepers area and altering your registration details and subscribing/unsubscribing to our email options.
- We will not give your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are specifically required to by law.
- You may ask us to provide details of the personal information we hold about you, under the Data Protection Act 1998. To request this information, please mail us at email@example.com.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will, of course, happily correct any information that’s found to be incorrect.